Sunday, October 10, 2010

Popovers



Recipe

Popovers

2 eggs, preferably local, free-rang eggs
1 c AP flour
2 tsp. salt
1 1/4 c. Milk
Zest of 1/2 lemon
1 Tbsp. Agave nectar
2 Tbs. Butter

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Combine flour, eggs, salt, milk, zest and 1 tbs. of melted butter. Mix all ingredients, but be careful not to overwork. Some lumps are perfectly fine. With the other tbsp. of butter, liberally grease each cup in a popover or muffin pan. Fill batter about three quarters of the way up the individual cups. Bake for about 18 minutes. Then lower the oven to 350 degrees and bake for another 20 minutes, or until the popovers are puffy and golden brown.

For savory variety, include chopped herbs or spices into the batter before baking.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These look amazing. Thanks so much for posting -- I can't wait to try the recipe!

Anonymous said...

I want to try making these soon! You're pretty creative. I really enjoyed the talk that you gave to Tenaya's class the other day. It encouraged me to start my blog. I love yours, keep up the posts!

Kate

Daniel said...

Thanks a lot for reading and checking it out further. It was fun to visit your class and I hope everything goes well with your blog, I'll continue to read it. Good luck!

Post a Comment